Wanna write a book? Me too!

I was never a writer. I never had that knack of being able to write something really, really well written. See, I can’t even write a good opening sentence!

But that doesn’t mean I don’t have a lot of good ideas. I do have A LOT of good ideas and like my father, they always seem to go no where. Some times. I would say about 20% of my ideas are followed through and actually brought to fruition. (ooh, I love using big words!) The other 80% of my ideas are still fantastic ideas but they go in the toilet. I have always wanted to write a book but I get about two paragraphs in and lose the momentum. I know, I know, take a class, really organize your thoughts, figure out what you want to write about and make SURE its something you know! I have the know how I just need the “do how.”

Then I think, well, I could write about my life and what I have done and where I have been and who I have met but it all seems trite and boring to me. Who cares that I lived in LA for 5 years and worked on a movie and did some commercials and met some famous people. I don’t think its that interesting that I moved to NYC and worked for MTV and did a stupid reality show called, Change of Heart and then Shipmates. They were so silly and plastic. Then I became a teacher, okay that might be a little interesting because I worked in the Bronx for 2 years, got married and then got pregnant.

Then I moved out to the suburbs, became the stereotypical soccer mom with the minivan and wallla, here we are.

Now my life is made up of soccer games, plays, baseball, playdates, dinners with friends, more playdates, doctors appointments, PTA meetings and school board meetings. Ugh.

I also dog walk, teach sunday school, teach swimming, help girls with bullying issues, organize triathlons, hold book clubs at my house and do laundry, food shopping and pick up after my own dog. I suppose we could change the boring up one notch to….what? Certainly not interesting, that would be way to strong! Maybe Amusing? That might fit because, my life can be very amusing. Especially when my daughters shoe gets dropped down the shaft of the Empire State building by accident. Or when my dog ate my daughters freshly pulled front teeth. Or even my son peeing at every stop on 95 from here to Boston.

There are some very amusing stories I could write about. But they only take up a few pages at most, its not a full on STORY. I guess that will have to wait until something really exciting comes along.

(photo from – http://www.freemakemoneyadvice.com/2011/05/23/free-money-advice-n-79-how-to-make-money-as-a-travel-writer/)